Monday, April 19, 2010

Who Cares?

Have you ever wondered, if anyone really cares?...About you?...What you say?...something you messed up on... Have you been in a conversation with someone and as they talk, you wonder...really, who cares? I believe that many people live with this reality that no one cares about them. The truth is many people probably care. Many people walk through life and feel as if no one cares, it is sad, but true. As a kid I said numerous times, "I don't care", or "No one really cares." In fact, a few times I remember saying it rather compassionately. Scripture tells us there is ONE who cares. As you read through the God's Word-the Bible you will see that care can be defined as, God’s commitment of concern, regard and oversight for those who love Him. Here are a few places we see the value of God's care for each of us:

You gave me life and showed me your unfailing love. My life was preserved by your care. Job 10:12 (NLT)
For the strength of the wicked will be shattered, but the Lord takes care of the godly. Psalm 37:17 (NLT)
Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;
for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Psalm 95:6-7
I cared for you in the desert, in the land of burning heat. Hosea 13:5
The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him, Nahum 1:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
I am writing to all who have been called by God the Father, who loves you and keeps you safe in the care of Jesus Christ. Jude 1:1 (NLT)

So, if you are walking through life today, and wonder if anyone really cares...well, someone actually does. Enough to send his Son into the world to die...just for you!

No comments: