Monday, April 12, 2010

The BUDDY System RULES


As a kid, I remember the importance of the BUDDY RULE that came into play on field trips. We always had an adult, and always had a buddy. I have been fortunate to have 2 buddies that have been in my life for 22 years. This past week all three of us, with our wives, vacationed together(minus the kids). BONUS, I may add. The boys have had guys weekends for years now, but the wives along for the trip was a first. It was a blast. We raced go-karts, walked the beaches of So. Cal, ate a lot, played video games, accompanied our wives into the outlet malls, and talked business. As I reflect on the week away, I realize that as a buddy, I have the right to come alongside and can ask accountability questions. As a buddy, I am expected too. These buddies of mine have the right to ask any question to keep me accountable to them, and I hope they continue. The questions to be asked relate to finances, relationship with God, relationship with my wife, my family, and keeping my moral values in check. Buddies should be a part of your life to have fun and as you build relationship. We have a great friendship that is carried on through the use of the phone and internet weekly. Buddies rule and it is important to have them in your life. We connected as kids at church, and life has brought us plenty of adventure over the years. The buddy system is put in effect to keep you safe and making sure that you don't wander off. The same can be said for my buddies today-even though we are adults the system can and should still operate the same-just on an adult level. One thing I take away after this past week is that BUDDIES RULE!

No comments: