Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TRUST me on this...

There are not too many people I trust. However, I do have people I trust with my life. Trust is a lost art in the world of one-upping another, gossipping, betraying, unreal, hidden agenda, and attention-getting culture we live in. The generation we are a part of right now-has trust issues. Blame whoever you want: friends, mom, dad, politicians, teachers, preachers, and Presidents. Trust is to live with undeniable confidence and faith in someone. I have those people in my life that I can trust to call me out when needed, correct me when needed, and be straight up real with me whether I need it or not. That is why I trust them-they are looking out for me. They want me to be the best version of myself I can be.
The Bible is pretty clear on the fact that we can put our TRUST in GOD. Here are some great words to meditate on regarding this thought:

Psalm 9:10
Those who know your name will trust in you, for you,
LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Psalm 20:7
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

Psalm 37:5
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this:

Psalm 62:8
Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Isaiah 12:2
Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.

John 14:1
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

Romans 10:11
As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

No comments: