Tuesday, January 19, 2010

RIGHTEOUS DUDE

Righteous is a word that when you look at it, looks like it is spelled wrong. It is a word that has multiple meanings and has even been used as a slang word in the surfer scene. The word is derived from the Bible, and can be defined as "Living in accordance with God’s values and virtues." As a matter of fact, here are some key verses that speak to righteousness:
1 Samuel 26:23
The LORD rewards every man for his righteousness and faithfulness.

Psalm 1:6
For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous…

Psalm 33:1
Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him.

Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

Psalm 68:3
But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful.

Galatians 3:11
"The righteous will live by faith."

James 5:16
The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

The passage found in James, is one that I dwell on. I hope that based on this passage alone, that my prayers are powerful and effective. The verses above push me to be better in all areas of my life, with a goal of living in accordance to God's values and virtues. I challenge you today, to live out a "righteous" life in your pursuit of God and everything He can offer you. One of the biggest compliments I could get would be for someone to say, "Man, you are a righteous dude." I hope and I pray that as I move forward with my life, that it will be one that is viewed as righteous in the eyes of God. SO, for me I look forward to the areas of my life that I can continue to expand to be righteous.

No comments: