Tuesday, January 26, 2010

UNFAILING- get it in your brain.

Over the last few months I have seen a great youtube channel that shows people's attempts to do things, only to fail. The person(s) behind this, shows attempts from newscasting fails to bike riding fails to criminal escape fails. There is literally a "FAIL" for almost anything. For the past month, I have been meditating, praying, and dwelling on one word each day. Today the word is UNFAILING. It's simple meaning is Reliable at all times - Never used up or exhausted. In scripture you read that God is unfailing- that is reliable at all times, never used up or exhausted. One can read that God is unfailing in leading the people He has redeemed, in His love for us, and compassionate. As I go through this week, I will fail at many things, I'm sure. However, I trust in one who will not fail me, according to His Word. As I put in to play this week, God's UNFAILING love, I will be reminded time and time again that He has brought me to the place in my life where I am as a husband, father, brother, friend, pastor, and coach. If I could be in the position to be unfailing, I would, but I know the reality is, that God is the only one who can be unfailing. Failure is a part of life. Each of us have failed at something. As I've seen quite comically in some of these youtube videos that failure comes at a cost. What I also know is that God's UNFAILING love for me also came at a cost. For that reason- it is on my brain-that God is UNFAILING. This day, and this week, I choose to move forward knowing that I find comfort in His Word: Psalm 13:5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.

Exodus 15:13
In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed.

Psalm 6:4
Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.

Psalm 13:5
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.

Psalm 31:16
Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love.

Psalm 90:14
Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.

Isaiah 54:10
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

No comments: