Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Keep Your Head Up

When life happens, it can be either rewarding or difficult. In this past week I have had a few close friends and family have situations that have arisen that have been unexpected and not fun. In these times of despair, it is important that we truly find a positive and rewarding place to focus. When we focus on things that are out of our control and dragging us down, we will soon follow the current just as a piece of debri being sucked down a drainage system. Psalm 121 encourages to keep our eyes to the hills. It poses the question- "where does our help come from?" It is a great response, and the answer is even better: "my help come from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." The Lord is watching and we can put our hope and trust in him. We have to LOOK-UP to God with hope and anticipation that He sees us, He hears us, and He will respond to us. Read Psalm 121 and be reminded of the type of God we serve. So, my friend who has a tumor, my friend who is looking for employment, my friend who has a family member in a coma, and my friend searching for truth...prayer this prayer today.

Thank you Father, that when I am having trouble in the climb you help me.
Thank you for your strong hand and loving lift.
Today, I will exchange my fears for faith.
I will keep my eyes on you.
I will move forward with confidence.
I will trust you.
Watch over my coming and going today.
In Jesus Name, Amen!

Keep Your Head UP! Looking into the heavens above and acknowledging God is a great place to focus.

No comments: