Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Who's Your Tour Guide?

In my life I have had numerous tour guides. I have toured national landmarks, power plants, churches, radio stations, wineries, parks, production sets, and television studios to name a few. Even the Jungle Ride at Disneyland gave me a tour guide to make sure that I didn't get lost or eaten alive. Each tour guide offered me insight and wisdom. The question for you right now is, who is in your life guiding you? Guidance is something all of us need in our life on a regular basis. Guidance comes in wisdom and counsel of the wise. Those in your life that offer guidance can come in many shapes, sizes, and relationships. I know that I am in need of having wise people around me to help me understand things I have yet to grasp. I also realize I may be that person for someone else. As I was writing this blog I got a call from someone who needed guidance. I was able to give my professional opinion and encouraged them in finding faith and relationship with Jesus. I love some tour guides and others are hard to handle- I love the words of the tour guide in Proverbs, where we are encouraged to not get sidetracked and resist temptation in chapter 4. It goes on to say, "hold close to you instruction and dont let it go. The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble." I know I want to be wise, and follow the right tour guide. There are plenty of tour guides out there leading people to wrong decisions, time wasters, and boring tours. Make sure you have a great tour guide and if the opportunity presents itslef, make sure you are giving the right tour yourself-one that leads to great reward.

No comments: