Thursday, March 29, 2012

What Defines YOU?


I had the opportunity to read through a bunch of profiles of people today. The trick was they all had just a few words to promote themselves. What was interesting is that they were all different. Some people were well known, while others were not. In some circles people had rock star status to be followed by someone that none of us know by name or face. Some took advantage of their minor celebrity status and spoke about what they were passionate about family, career, likes, and reason for stardom. Some didn't say much about them, but were promoting something much bigger than themselves. I found myself in a place asking, "what would I say in a limited time that would describe me?" Would it be my future dreams, something humorous, maybe my past accomplishments, my family & friends, my faith, words used to describe me by others, a cause I'm all about or, possibly something to make me look like I'm suave. So, I am posed with a question that we must all answer...WHAT DEFINES YOU? For each of us it may be different, however, we must face the reality because for some it is a sad state of affairs of what they find their personal identity, value, popularity, and definition in. So, as you walk away from this blog today, jot it down: What or Who defines you-and are you ok with that, or does it need to be tweaked? What I do know is this: YOU be YOU!

No comments: