Friday, April 6, 2012

Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail

As a kid I heard a phrase, "Fail to plan, plan to fail." At the time it never made much sense to me. Now, I look back and see that although it didn't make sense to me then, it was instilled naturally. I'm a planner. I leave room for change, spontaneity, and surprises. Today, I set out a plan. A plan for something that isn't even set in stone, but something I want to set a goal toward. As I sat in a coffee shop listening to conversations around me, and a variety of coffee shop music selections buzz, I wrote out a plan. It consisted of order, conversations I want to have, learning new skills, and listening to what God's Word has to say.
When you are in a rut, sometimes the best thing to do is get a day to yourself. This is what my day consisted of. I did just this-by hanging by myself and planning. As a coach it was my life plan day. It was me removing myself from current reality to aim for future reality. We all need a day like this. So, think about it. What do you want to do, that you are not? What do you need to set in motion to get you moving? Are you protecting and guarding your time to dream?
That is it friends, go for it. Find a place and plan, or you you may just fail.

No comments: