Monday, April 16, 2012

What's the Dream

Someone asked me last week, "what's the dream?" The question was pertaining to my life's dream. A couple years ago I was challenged to write 100 Dreams out on paper. I managed to split them into a number of categories and went from there. The inspiration came from reading Matthew Kelly's book, The Dream Manager. (A New York times bestseller) After the first 15 dreams were written out, I thought this may be a little harder than I thought. But for a dreamer, the dreams started coming quickly. I had dreams of physical accomplishments, family adventures, spiritual conquests, and vacations only seen on commercials and in magazines. Because I have thought this way, the answer to the question comes naturally. Although my life's dreams shift, shape, and some have been finished, I still dream. Some dreams have not been revealed, and for that I wait with anticipation. Dreaming is great, but when you can put something together to start turning dreams into reality, then you are moving in the right direction. So, what are your dreams? Have you even stopped to think about them? Is dreaming a priority in your life? What is stopping you from dreaming big? The term Big Hairy Audacious Goals(BHAGs) has been around since 1994's book, Built to Last, came on the scene. I would encourage you to take some time and think of those scary and crazy big dreams. You never know what can come out of a DREAM SESSION. Take action & plan something now. Turn off all distracting devices and electronics and get alone, and just dream.

No comments: