Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Best Tour Guide Ever

The first tour guide that I ever remember was when I stepped into a boat to explore the jungle in the far away country called Disneyland. The tour guide saved me from hippos, gorillas, and piranhas. He cracked a few jokes and made me laugh as a little kid. I've had a few tour guides in my life in different venues. There were tour guides for me in Chile, Poland, England, D.C., and a slew of national parks. The BEST TOUR Guide has been the One who guides my future and gives me guidance according to His will for my life. Throughout life there have been opportunities to walk paths. Some places in life have given me a number of paths to choose from, but through God's divine guidance, He has directed me to one specific pathway over another. These pathways range from my decision to switch high schools after my sophomore year, college decisions, career decisions, and family decisions. I am reminded today of Psalm 32:8 "The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." Throughout scripture you will find the words "path" or "pathway". In each instance there is God either in the forefront or backdrop directing the psalmist, the prophets, the disciples, and the Word reminds us that He also there directing your PATHWAY today. Some of you may feel like you are in a wilderness place, if you find yourself there today, take some time to reflect and meditate on Isaiah 43:19. If you want a future that was intended for YOU specifically, LISTEN to the best tour guide ever! The key word in the last sentence was listen. To start the tour read the passage of scripture below and sit back and enjoy the ride, because God has an incredible tour for you!

Psalm 16:11
You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 23:3
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Psalm 25:4
Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;

Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Isaiah 43:19 (NLT)
For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.

Acts 2:28
You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence

No comments: