Tuesday, February 9, 2010

GO with the OVERFLOW!

We've all done it. We all have filled a glass or cup with soda and not taking into account the angle in which we pour or the fizz factor and what we get next is a whole lotta soda overflowing. Even as you read it, an image of it just came to your mind. Overflow in those situations can be annoying and ridiculous. I remember the first time I house sat, overflowing the dishwasher because I put the wrong soap in the dispenser. (Yeah, that was just dumb.) There is an OVERFLOW worth getting in on though. Overflow can be described throughout scripture as God’s abundant provision and blessing beyond natural limits. YES- that is the overflow I'm wanting to see happen in my life and those around me. I know there are times in my life that I need God to step in and let the overflow happen. Here are some great verses to meditate on regarding overflow:
Psalm 23:5
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Psalm 65:11
You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance.
Psalm 119:171
May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees.
Proverbs 3:9-11
Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops;
then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.
Luke 6:45
For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Overflow can be defined as runneth over, a place where there is over abundance and so much extra that there is no containment. When there is a need to be met that seems impossible-I pray for overflow. I ask for overflow in my connections, overflow in my efforts, and overflow in my responsibilities. God is more than enough and when we let Him OVERFLOW our lives, we stop trying to make overflow happen, and let God work. Overflow is about trust & hope-both which are hard to find in many people today. So, I ask you is overflow evident in your life or have you even ever asked for it? I say, "Go with the OVERFLOW." If I can live my life with an overflow of Joy, Trust, Hope, Peace, and Love...then the OVERFLOW of God in my life will be evident to others-and that my friends is beneficial for all involved. SO, Go with the OVERFLOW!

No comments: